QEMU version 6.1.0 released
24 Aug 2021
We’d like to announce the availability of the QEMU 6.1.0 release. This release contains 3000+ commits from 221 authors.
You can grab the tarball from our download page. The full list of changes are available in the Wiki.
- block: support for changing block node options after creation via ‘blockdev-reopen’ QMP command
- Crypto: more performant backend recommendations and improved documentation
- I2C: emulation support for I2C muxes (pca9546, pca9548) and PMBus
- TCG Plugins: now enabled by default, with new execlog and cache modelling plugins.
- ARM: new board support for Aspeed (rainier-bmc, quanta-q7l1), npcm7xx (quanta-gbs-bmc), and Cortex-M3 (stm32vldiscovery) based machines
- ARM: Aspeed support of Hash and Crypto Engine
- ARM: emulation support for SVE2 (including bfloat16), integer matrix multiply accumulate operations, TLB invalidate in Outer Shareable domain, TLB range invalidate, and more.
- PowerPC: pseries: support for detecting hotplug failures in newer guests
- PowerPC: pseries: increased maximum CPU count
- PowerPC: pseries: emulation support for some POWER10 prefixed instructions
- PowerPC: new board support for Genesi/bPlan Pegasos II (pegasos2)
- RISC-V: updates to OpenTitan platform support, including OpenTitan timer
- RISC-V: support for virtio-vga
- RISC-V: documentation improvements and general code cleanups/fixes
- s390: emulation support for the vector-enhancements facility
- s390: support for gen16 CPU models
- x86: new Intel CPU model versions with support for XSAVES instruction
- x86: added ACPI based PCI hotplug support for Q35 machine (now the default)
- x86: improvements to emulation of AMD virtualization extensions
- and lots more…
Thank you to everyone involved!