We’d like to announce the availability of the QEMU 7.2.0 release. This release contains 1800+ commits from 205 authors.
- ARM: emulation support for the following CPU features: Enhanced Translation Synchronization, PMU Extensions v3.5, Guest Translation Granule size, Hardware management of access flag/dirty bit state, and Preventing EL0 access to halves of address maps
- ARM: emulation support for Cortex-A35 CPUs
- LoongArch: support for fw_cfg DMA functionality, memory hotplug, and TPM device emulation
- OpenRISC: support for multi-threaded TCG, stability improvements, and new ‘virt’ machine type for CI/device testing.
- RISC-V: ‘virt’ machine support for booting S-mode firmware from pflash, and general device tree improvements
- s390x: support for Message-Security-Assist Extension 5 (RNG via PRNO instruction), SHA-512 via KIMD/KLMD instructions, and enhanced zPCI interpretation support for KVM guests
- x86: TCG performance improvements, including SSE
- x86: TCG support for AVX, AVX2, F16C, FMA3, and VAES instructions
- x86: KVM support for “notify vmexit” mechanism to prevent processor bugs from hanging whole system
- LUKS block device headers are validated more strictly, creating LUKS images is supported on macOS
- Memory backends now support NUMA-awareness when preallocating memory
- and lots more…
Thank you to everyone involved!