QEMU version 6.0.0 released
30 Apr 2021
We’d like to announce the availability of the QEMU 6.0.0 release. This release contains 3300+ commits from 268 authors.
You can grab the tarball from our download page. The full list of changes are available in the Wiki.
- 68k: new ‘virt’ machine type based on virtio devices
- ARM: support for ARMv8.1-M ‘Helium’ architecture and Cortex-M55 CPU
- ARM: support for ARMv8.4 TTST, SEL2, and DIT extensions
- ARM: ARMv8.5 MemTag extension now available for both system and usermode emulation
- ARM: support for new mps3-an524, mps3-an547 board models
- ARM: additional device emulation support for xlnx-zynqmp, xlnx-versal, sbsa-ref, npcm7xx, and sabrelite board models
- Hexagon: new emulation support for Qualcomm hexagon DSP units
- MIPS: new Loongson-3 ‘virt’ machine type
- PowerPC: external BMC support for powernv machine type
- PowerPC: pseries machines now report memory unplug failures to management tools, as well as retrying unsuccessful CPU unplug requests
- RISC-V: Microchip PolarFire board now supports QSPI NOR flash
- Tricore: support for new TriBoard board model emulating Infineon TC27x SoC
- x86: AMD SEV-ES support for running guests with secured CPU register state
x86: TCG emulation support for protection keys (PKS)
- ACPI: support for assigning NICs to known names in guest OS independently of PCI slot placement
- NVMe: new emulation support for v1.4 spec with many new features, experimental support for Zoned Namespaces, multipath I/O, and End-to-End Data Protection.
- virtiofs: performance improvements with new USE_KILLPRIV_V2 guest feature
- VNC: virtio-vga support for scaling resolution based on client window size
QMP: backup jobs now support multiple asynchronous requests in parallel
- and lots more…
Thank you to everyone involved!